Building a Retaining Wall
07/08 May 2022$495
This course focuses on the fundamentals of constructing a retaining wall. Retaining walls are built in a way that enables them to hold back earth and rock.
You will develop your skills in selecting the correct base and batter, using extended through-stones, and packing back to the earth’s face.
Stone of Arc provides the following for all course types:
- An appropriately qualified instructor
- Tools, safety glasses, and sun protection
- Lunch, refreshments, and reusable water bottle
- A certificate of completion
- Course information booklet
- Access to ongoing project support
- All courses run from 9:30AM-4:30PM for 2 days unless otherwise stated
- Please bring a hat, gloves and strong footwear (preferably steel-toed)
- The fundamental principles and applied construction techniques
- Safety, set up, and tool use
- Earth bank preparation
- Base and batter selection
- Stone selection
- Practical completion of a structurally sound retaining wall
0 stocks available
You May Also Be Interested In
Rustic Onsite Accommodation
A range of rustic onsite accommodation is available from double/triple rooms to camping (all with shared bathroom).
Four rooms are available, 2 double and 2 twin/triple
All rooms come with aircon, heating, linen and amenities.
A basic continental breakfast is included for all overnight guests.
Extended visits welcome
There is much to enjoy in the surrounding area including bush walks, cycle trails, kayak trails, fishing, and cave exploration to name a few.