An introduction to Dry Stone Walling
28/29 May 2022 (Sold Out)
11/12 June 2022
Our Introductory courses provide participants with enough knowledge and experience to be able to accurately identify traditional walling methods, commence a basic private project, and pursue further learning.
Stone of Arc provides the following for all course types:
- An appropriately qualified instructor
- Tools, safety glasses, and sun protection
- Lunch, refreshments, and reusable water bottle
- A certificate of completion
- Course information booklet
- Access to ongoing project support
- All courses run from 9:30AM-4:30PM for 2 days unless otherwise stated
- Please bring a hat, gloves and strong footwear (preferably steel-toed)
- Dry stone: a brief history and contemporary uses
- The fundamental principles and applied construction techniques
- Safety, set up, and tool use
- Stripping out and stone selection
- Basic stone shaping techniques
- Practical completion of a structurally sound wall
0 stocks available
You May Also Be Interested In
Rustic Onsite Accommodation
A range of rustic onsite accommodation is available from double/triple rooms to camping (all with shared bathroom).
Four rooms are available, 2 double and 2 twin/triple
All rooms come with aircon, heating, linen and amenities.
A basic continental breakfast is included for all overnight guests.
Extended visits welcome
There is much to enjoy in the surrounding area including bush walks, cycle trails, kayak trails, fishing, and cave exploration to name a few.